Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Cleo: an Updated Story

If you read my previous blog post about my cat, rest assured things have took a turn for the better. I’ve learned to accept my cat’s personality and work with her instead of scolding her for everything. I put furniture under the windows to help her jump easier to them without scratching up the walls, I got some toys; I try to give her as much attention as I can give.

Here’s a regular day with Cleo:
Wake up, cat is sleeping at my feet, give her a couple kisses and start getting ready for the day with Cleo watching me. Move on to the kitchen and check her food and water, give her a few more kisses and pet her, tell her I love her and I’ll see her later. Leave for work.
After work, when I get home, Cleo greets me at the door and sometimes tries to pull a fast one to get a glorious 2 seconds outside but she never steps further when I say NO. Bring her inside, she purrs and stretches on the doormat to welcome me (sometimes she’s already doing this inside and I open the door on her).
Then we move on to the sofa where she jumps on me and we proceed to have cuddles and kisses and petting and massages until Miss Cleo is bored and jumps off.
During evenings she’ll eat and play, sometimes I take a toy out and we play together. She likes to declaw on her favorite box and then we go to bed; with her curling up at my feet.

We also had a squabble a while back over her drinking habits, I got a water distributor cooler thing and my ridiculously smart cat figured out how it works and was having herself a sip whenever she pleased. Gross. So I went a bit crazy cat lady at Walmart, got a water fountain, auto-feeder, lazer pointer, etc for my spoiled princess.

Now that I’ve started to accept her and work around her quirks, it just works better. To the crazy point that I can have guests over with minimal, if any, panic attacks of aggression from Cleo! Serious stuff, last time my friend was over (she comes over a lot so Cleo knows her) she was actually able to PET the cat, the cat was all rubbing her head on my friend’s legs and purring. :D

I conclude this by mentioning we’re moving in with a cat whisperer in a bit and I am very hopeful it will further help with my cat’s aggression and panic versus others. Cat Whisperer has two cats already, so Cleo won’t be lonely anymore.
Ah yes, I failed to mention, Cleo has had two admirers visit her window since the new neighbors moved in. They keep trying now and then to socialize with Cleo, but they give up after negative reactions from Cleo and me.

Have a bit of AWE to help your day:



Have puurrrfect day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment